Private Flute and Piccolo Instruction:
- All levels welcome: Age 10 through adults & Conservatory Preparation
- Teaching style: Expanding the joy and ability of creative musical expression
- Emphasis on beautiful tone development, exceptional flute technique and musicianship blended with patience, humor, and a unique relationship with each student
- Music theory, sight reading, solos, duos and composition
- Classical music is the basis of study and can extend to other styles
- Plus Traditional Celtic/ Irish & English Country Dance music
- Ensemble Coaching Available
- Admission is by brief audition / interview
Great gratitude to Belmont Manor and Country Club and to photographer Andrew Culhane for photos on location.
All rights reserved Images and Sound files copyright © 2014 by The Lady Lark
As a Cum Laude graduate of Stephens College, she has Degrees in Music and Education. Graduate music at Indiana University, flute studies with James Pellerite. In addition to studying with various symphony flutists, she has attended Master Classes with virtuosos Marcel Moyse, Professor Paris Music Conservatory; and Sir James Galway.
She is a former member of the Richmond Symphony and has performed locally with varieties of ensembles including the European Chamber Orchestra and the Washington Symphonia. Ms.Heitz has performed internationally and throughout the United States.
Ms. Heitz is the first musician to interpret works of art with improvisational music for family educational programs at the Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, and the National Gallery of Art. There she developed "Sketching and Music in the Garden and Gallery" programs collaborating with renowned visual artist, Donnell Lewis, Director of the Congressional Arts Program.
"Each person is an artist and connecting this creativity is the universal expression of beauty, passion and peace of the human spirit." - Barbara Kay Heitz - "The Lady Lark"
"A collection of Larks is an Exultation of Larks!"